Tuesday, June 01, 2004

Ouch

Hmmmm. I said to myself, "Gee, self, not only do you have Memorial Day off, but you don't have classes on Fridays because you're such a clever, clever scheduler! That means you only have three days of class! Yippee skippee hooray!" Naif? Moi? Alas, the heavens parted, and a boatload (in my distress I was about to say, a buttload - which would not be in keeping with the spirit of the title of this blog, now would it?) of work. I just got done with my journalism pile of whatever descriptive term you wish to use, although I still have to write a bibliography. Yes, I still use that ancient-classical-linguistically-rooted word. I will use that nasty mechanized phrase "Works Cited" only at the point of death! Or the point of potentially lost grading points! Or whatever!

What makes the evening quite lovely is I just found out about my Anthropology final paper, due tomorrow - well, "found out" is not quite accurate since I've known about it since two weeks ago. And the prof told us it would be in our future when the course began. It is a good thing Lauren came in and asked me if it was due tomorrow (it was. Is.) I have four of the questions done, the rest of them will have to wait until tomorrow. Six left. I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment