Sunday, June 27, 2004

Wonderful Day

Today we went to the Indult Tridentine Mass at Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception Parish in Cleveland, OH. Mam wouldn't come, I think she was feeling a bit shy. It was my first Latin mass, and it was lovely. The choir sang very beautifully, and there were a bunch of huuuuuge families there. Lots of the women were in veils. I wore a white one Betsy gave to me; it was my first time wearing one and she has about six, some black ones and some white ones. It kept slipping off though, so I'm going to have to look for a hatpin or something. Paging Jo Ann Fabrics, paging...

The homily was on Purgatory and was very well done. I was a bit nervous going up to the Communion rail - like I said I've never done it that way before - but I didn't fall over while kneeling or anything. Maggie didn't make an ass (by that I mean, mule) of herself! That's a first! :)

It was a gorgeous church. Dripping walls gorgeous. They had a high altar and ancient, wooden kneeelers and the most glorious stained glass I've ever seen. There were two side altars - St. Mary and what looked like St. Joseph - and lots of little shrines. I'd like to register there, I think. The priest seems great and the church looks great and the people seem nice. Check check check!

No comments:

Post a Comment