Tuesday, January 18, 2005

And then Maggie's limbs froze, fell off, and then at last she died

and they tried to bury her but the ground was too frozen and they couldn't throw her in the river (darn that ice!) so eventually they just put propped her up in front of the dorm computer with AOL Mail running, and no one could ever tell the difference. Least of all, her.

LOL, I guess I am just reminding myself to dress warm. This morning as I sat down in my Sociology class I was very shocked to discover that I had not aquired a sheet of ice on my face on the walk over. Also, that I could speak.

Martin Luther King Weekend went fine, although I got a lot less done than I expected. I hung out with Jen on Saturday and watched Safe Passage, with Susan Sarandon. It was tres bien. Later I went with Leslie to see A Series of Unfortunate Events, which was narrated in loverly style by Jude Law. Alas, we did not get to see the equally loverly-looking Mr. Law, except in profile. Tragedy.

It was a very good movie, though! It ended on a rather happier tone than the books, which I had already devoured (I mean, read) and enjoyed. I sure hope there will be sequals. Evidently it did quite well at the box office, so that's a good sign ...

The movie site (different from the one linked above) is quite funny.

And check out the super-amusing Countolaf.com. Someone very clever came up with all this ... ;)

I slept until 2 on MLK Day itself. I have not done that in years. Blast, I am regressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment