Friday, April 22, 2005

Deluge

That's what it is tonight ... I was walking back to Lincoln Hall from Gamertsfelder Hall, where I was visiting Lauren and Jenn. There was a genuine, honest-to-goodness thunderstorm making itself well heard. East Green Street was flooded in front of both Bush and Shively Halls, as usual.

I know a couple posts back I whined about the heat. Boy, should I watch my mouth! It's actually supposed to snow - snow - on Sunday. That would be, Sunday, APRIL 24. LOL, maybe if this keeps up, I'll get snow on my birthday! That would be ... a first. Yeah.

For the "better news" file, it looks like Rome is getting more likely. My dad called today to complain about how he has no money, and then, after taking me through a detailed explanation of the horrific state of his finances, he said, "You have to get a passport." That is his style, he is big on guilt ;)

So I felt really rotten after hearing how much he owes for my college. But it looks like he wants to go to Europe anyway ... of course, he wants to spend lots of time in Austria with his folks, while me and Betsy and Mother want to spend allll our time in Rome, or at least in Italy, which is where de action is! ;) We should probably let him spend at least a couple days in Austria; when he was young he used to go all the time to see his aunts and uncles and cousins.

I think they live in Vienna. That wouldn't be so bad ... We could try to attend Mass with Cardinal Schonborn ... And we would stay with them (no hotel fee! Hurray! Screams Dad) ... And they are technically close family, at least in terms of bloodlines. I know I wouldn't like not seeing my first cousins for years and years. (Ha ha, I haven't seen my Aunt Cay's sons in eons!)

My grandma, Oma, the one who always called the dorm last year and asked for me in that funny accent, is, herself, the grand-daughter of an Austrian baroness; I think Mom and Dad want to see if they can find the baronial palace of Rudolf Sohinga de Rostenfeld. What for? To take possession of it? LOL! I don't think there are any de Rostenfelds left. Oma is the daughter of the daughter of the Baron's daughter, soooo I'm thinking there were lots of males in line ahead of her. So, it is probably in the hands of another family. And I can really be a monster when I'm jealous, in spite of all my attempts to behave like a Christian. Graaaaaar! Rich people with nice lives! ;)

1 comment:

  1. Oh, the hate. It grooooooooows. :P

    I demand postcards.

    <3

    ReplyDelete