Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Ohhhh my my

I really need to go to Confession. I'm driving myself crazy ... I have this tendency to scrupulosity, you know?

I probably spelled "scrupulosity" wrong, but I'm too tired to look it up ...

This week is almost over; next week, I have to give an informative speech in my Public Speaking class. Specifically, an informative speech on Andorra. Yes, all ye who went through Hudson School District French classes, that Andorra, the little principality shoved between France and Spain. Why did I pick such a lousy topic? Well, it had to be on a country outside North America, and I thought I would be ... quirky.

Incidentally, I had to give an impromptu speech on Thursday on the question, "If you could go back to any time in history, what would it be and why?" I could not think of anything, except that James Dean killed himself and how sad that was. So I went up there and said, "If I could go back to any time in history, it would be when James Dean committed suicide. Because he was too good-looking to die so young." Etc.

Not to the little old Council of Trent. Not to the Resurrection. Not to Creation. I said I would go back to James Dean's Appointment With Death, So As To Save His Handsome Face and His Massive Movie Talent. Oh how shallow ...

3 comments:

  1. Nooooo. I have other reasons for that! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, what HAVE you been up to that you need to confess so bad? I am intriqued. (Sp???)

    ReplyDelete
  3. my child why are you so hard on yourself, as St.Peter says "be sober, be watchful" but scrupulosity is just as bad as indifference towards sin or neglection of the spiritual life. Consult a priest who is versed in the direction of souls, and might have studied some Catholic psychology. God Bless, your in my prayers.

    -Fr. "X"

    ReplyDelete