Thursday, April 28, 2005

What a loverly, loverly birthday

Technically my birthday is not 'till April 30. But my friends went and SURPRISED me tonight with a party, complete with cake and gifties! I got a Pope Innocent III action figure from Leslie - he was the Pope whose Fourth Lateran Council defined the all-important doctrine of Transubstantiation. According to the box, his "weapon of choice" is excommunication. Lauren gave me a statue of ... drumroll ... a nun! A very pale nun, with a place in the bottom where you can put in sand. Apparently it's a "Garden Nun!" Very peculiar, he he he! No one does kitsch like Catholics ;) Lyndsey gave me a pretty pink shirt, which I am going to wear tomorrow, and new matching flip-flops! I also got a pretty card from Jenn, and cake cake cake! And a copy of John Paul's last book, Memory and Identity, from Leslie! And a silly umbrella-hat! And recipe cards "from" Lauren-next-door ;)

They even bought me some milk to have with my cake.

Awwwwww, I love my friends. They are all so good to me :)

It is going to take me a while to get used to saying, "I'm 20." Oh well, I have two more days to get used to it ... Then, as they say, the guillotine fallllls! With a shattering crash!

What a lovely birthday party ...

No comments:

Post a Comment