Saturday, May 28, 2005

Episode III

Well, I finally got around to seeing Star Wars: Epsiode III. I thought it was much better than the first two prequels (although that's not saying much, lol!) The fight scenes were great, as usual. I think Lucas would be better off he just stuck to fight scenes, fight scenes, and more fight scenes, and quit with the whole "story line" thing - just kidding.

My sister Betsy quoted a bit of the relativisim promoted in a couple lines - "Only a Sith Lord deals in absolutes" - but I thought the rest of the movie kind of contradicted that. A couple lines later, Obi Wan says, "The Sith Lords are evil," to which Anakin/Darth Vader replies, "To my point of view, the Jedi are evil," to which Obi Wan says, "Then you are lost!" Now, doesn't that seem to be sort of ... absolute? The Sith are evil? LOL, Mr. Lucas needs to work on script continuity.

I think we are going to be having my mother's birthday party this weekend, since I won't be here for her real birthday. I got her a print copy of the Madonna of the Streets, which is an image she's loved ever since she developed a devotion to Our Lady. I'll let you know how the rest of the weekend has gone, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment