Sunday, May 15, 2005

Sunday Sunday Sunday

Do I sound like a TV ad for a monster truck show?

I forgot to mention yesterday that I went shopping again with Lyndsey and Lauren, except this time we went to Wal-Mart to buy clothes! I got a new pair of jeans - which I needed bad, my old pair were getting holes and become threadbare - and a nice new skirt and shirt.

I was also forced into buying a box of Low Fat Hostess cupcakes. Forced! If I didn't buy them, Lyndsey said she and Lauren would leave me there! Stuck at Wally World! A fate worse than death! So, I bought the box. Blah.

Yesterday was also the night I go to Adoration; it was also the night for Athens' second most important yearly bacchanal, after Halloween: Palmer Fest. Or is it Palmerfest? I am not sure how to demonstrate how much I do not care. Anyway, it is basically an excuse for loads of local students and their out-of-town guests to head down to Palmer Street and booze up. Alas, it decided to storm a great deal last evening, so as I was walking home I got to see lots of girls in less-than-sensible shoes (and highly questionable dresses) run screaming down the street, holding newspapers over their heads.

I myself was dressed pretty impractically, because that's another thing my friends decided to do for me - fix me up purty! Or as "purty" as is possible, anyway. They gave me curly hair, and did my make-up; then Lauren, after telling me she was only going to take onnnneee picture, took about twenty with her camera! Betrayal! LOL, it took some getting used to, but I think I look ok with curly hair, after all.

Today was Pentecost Sunday, and the priest's vestments were red, of course. I think they are trying to get Catholics to appreciate the Holy Spirit more. Good luck with that; it's hard enough getting us to appreciate Jesus in the Eucharist! Father used Eucharistic Prayer I, the Roman Canon. Hoo-rah.

1 comment:

  1. You make us seem really mean in your blog!!

    ReplyDelete