Thursday, June 30, 2005

Oldie but goodie

A Franciscan and Jesuit were debating which order was the greatest. They talked and talked but they just couldn't settle the argument. So, they decided to ask for a sign from God. This is what they received in a note that came falling down from heaven:

My sons,

Please stop bickering about such trivial matters.

Sincerely,
God, O.P.

(For the uninitiated, the letters O.P. stand for "Order of Preachers," another name for the Dominicans.)

Ha! In some ways I suspect that it's true! St. Thomas Aquinas was a Dominican, after all, and we all know who God's Favorite Theologian is, right? ;) Just kidding.
No offense to any Franciscans or Jebbies out there ... Or anyway, no offense to any good Franciscans or Jebbies ... ;)

1 comment:

  1. Lol! :)

    Side note, we went to St. Francis's in Tulsa, so I guess I'm ignorantly partial in his favor for no tangible reason. ;)

    What exactly does a Franciscan make? (There's a quote I'm trying to play off here, but I can't tell if it worked- so forgive me if it didn't, lol.)

    ReplyDelete