Saturday, June 04, 2005

Well, it went better than I thought it would

In case you were wondering, the speech I gave on the Humane Society on Thursday went okay. Or at least I thought it did. I was just focused on getting it over with. I think the Lord permits these little annoyances for good reason, the same way He permits other, far greater evils; still, it would be better if one could simply skate through life without any "Oh, I guess I gotta suck it up" moments.

Next week is final exams, I hope I can handle it! The "big" thing is going to be the annotated bibliography I have to write for my Information Gathering class. I also have to write a three page introduction and a two page conclusion. Huh? Definitely have no clue what to write about. Oh well, I'm sure I'll end up slapping something together. High quality, certainly, he he he.

I should mention that on Thursday night, I napped for about four hours - from 6:30 until 10. I am not sure if that actually qualifies as a "nap" since naps are supposed to be of short duration, aren't they?

Also on Thursday I was treated to the Great Faked Fall in the Shower by Lyndsey and Lauren, who love me soooo much that they concocted an elaborate plot by which to lure me over to Gamertsfelder Hall for a visit! ;) Of course, since I have the critical thinking skills of a small child, I fell for it. The story was basically that Lyndsey had fallen in the shower and split her head open, spilling blood eeeeverywhere and requiring a visit to the hospital. When I got over there, she was lying on their futon with an ice pack and a "bandage" on her head. It was really very convincing! He he he, eventually they 'fessed up and fed me yummy, yummy smores. Hurray! An evening with no serious injuries and much yum is always good!

They also had me drink a whole glass of tea. I have never had tea before, besides green tea; I have decided that I hate all tea and will never live in Great Britain, unless there is a sudden massive cultural change and they switch to having Afternoon Smore Time.

Mmmm, smores. Chocolate.

6 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats Mags!

    Yum, s'mores... We made some for Memorial Day, and I think I'm addicted- summer is a gooooooood thing, lol.

    However, I'm eating reheated mashed spuds for breakfast... Is this weird?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maggie, your friends sound like jerks, but also like great fun. I wish I had some playfully jerky pals at University.

    Many kids at GW are the boring sort that say to each other: "I'm so fat, oh no you're not, yes I am, shut up." How about: "Quit annoying me with your stupid questions, you obese cow. Lets go get some Ben and Jerrys." I don't know, perhaps I'm depraved?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy, I know they were all unwashed communists and whatever, but maybe they didn't like being called "obese cows", even if (esp if?) you offered them Ben and Jerry's right afterwards?


    ...And does this swimsuit make me look fat? ;) ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. And dude!!! Maggie!!! I was RAISED in the SOUTH and there will be NO dissing of the sweet tea 'round me, k dahling? Or I'll have to go all modern Scarlett on your cute Catholic hiney, lol. :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh ... looks around nervously ... announces in loud voice ... "All hail tea! Yes, hurray for tea! What were those crazy folks doing, throwing the precious tea in Boston Harbor? They could have made their point just as well by throwing in English muffins! Bring back the lovely, lovely tea!"

    ::: Runs and hides, just in case :::

    He he he ;) I'm glad you're enjoying the weather, Shannon! It got up to 90 here in Athens today ... aaaahhhh ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha, no, it's fine to throw the British tea, just don't let my mom's boss (80 year-old British dude) hear you, lol.

    I'm just all pro-sweet tea.

    ...And this instant ice tea stuff my mom got over the weekend in a moment of weakness (that shouldn't even count as tea) but is SO GOOD!

    From Yankee experience, I don't blame you for not liking tea. This sugarless Northern "tea" sucks majorly, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete