Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Not quite killer boring

I'm happy to say that my job is getting lots less difficult to take. The hours go by pretty fast. And sometimes it's actually quite amusing.

For instance, today, while doing billing, I found bills from:

-Ridgewood, New Jersey, the town where I was born and spent the first eight years of my life

-a fellow with the rather unfortunate name of "Terry Terrific"

-a fellow with the still more unfortunate name of "Terry Terry" (he shared the invoice with his two siblings, "Something-with-a-J Terry" and "Some-name-I-forget Terry")

-a "Charles Schumer" from Manhattan, New York.

Now, I know what you're thinking. CHARLES SCHUMER, from New York!? As in Chuck, my Un-Favorite senator? That's what I thought, too. Maybe there are lots of New York Schumers with fancy Manhattan mailing addresses, but I don't know. Hmmm. Oh well. If it's him, I handled his insurance payment with the same accuracy I did the hundreds of others, in spite of his being a high-ranking Dem senator whose trouble-making has extended to his role on the Senate Judiciary Committee. Grrr.

1 comment:

  1. But what if it actually WAS Up Chuck? That'd be amusing! Shame about the "accident" his had with the shredder... Etc...

    ReplyDelete