Friday, August 12, 2005

Almost done

With work, and with summer, unfortunately.

I did manage to make about $2,000. Not bad. I think I'm going to have to get a job during the school year though ... Can you imagine me, working in one of the dining halls? I would be a safety hazard ... Mass accidental poisonings ... Bleh. Oh well, we'll see how it goes.

Today at work my supervisor announced to everyone that I and the other temp were approaching our "use by" dates - I mean, that we are leaving Allstate soon. All of my co-workers were properly temporarily saddened, in that fake way I'm sure you're familiar with ;) The work load has been pretty heavy of late, and I guess that's a good thing. I remember at the start of the job, I was starting to get a little worried that they wouldn't have enough work for me to do! Well, they only sent me home early once. And it was on a Friday. At 1:30. More than a half day in.

My sister has been finishing up her nanny job, too. I think in terms of teaching the little kid, she accomplished a few things with him. Since she is leaving and they don't have another nanny, he is going to be sent to the Goddard School from now on. Very nice place. In some ways I feel jealous of the little boy, since he's going to be going to fancy private schools all his life. On the other hand, I also feel sorry for him, because he's going to be going to fancy private schools all his life. Yay for public schools ... Sort of. Yay for Catholic schools. Usually. Hurray, hurray for homeschooling ...

No comments:

Post a Comment