Saturday, August 20, 2005

Prayer of St. Therese

Divine Jesus,
Listen to my prayer.
By my love I want to make You rejoice.
You know well,
I want to please You alone.
Deign to grant my most ardent desire.
I accept the trials of this sad exile
To delight You and to console Your heart.
But change all my works to love,
O my Spouse, my Beloved Saviour.
It's Your love Jesus, that I crave
it's Your love that has to transform me.
Put in my heart Your consuming flame,
And I'll be able to bless You and love You
As they do in Heaven.
I'll love You with that very love.
With which You have loved me, Jesus Eternal Word.
Divine Saviour, at the end of my life
come get me with out the shadow of a delay.
Ah! show me Your infinite tenderness
And the sweetness of Your Divine gaze.
With love, Oh! may Your voice call me,
Saying: come, all is forgiven.
Come rest on My heart, My faithful spouse,
you have greatly loved Me.

Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Nice prayer, but still don't get the "God as spouse" bit...

    ReplyDelete