Sunday, October 16, 2005

Least favorite job so far

Working the salad bar!

It wasn't quite that bad, but they had a girl helping me - and I don't know if that'll always be the case. I don't even know what some of the food items are in the salad bar. On one occasion this morning, I found myself pausing in front of the vegetables section, pondering a bunch of green veggies whose identity momentarily escaped me. "Those aren't cucumbers," I thought to myself. "Why is the first thing you think always "cucumbers?" Cucumbers are one type of vegetable; there are about a hundred others ..." "Green peppers! Those are green peppers!"

I was so pleased with my re-discovery that I almost wanted to tell one of my co-workers about it; luckily I realized that it would make me look rather pathetic ;)

I have Sunday off (hurray!)and then I do my last new-to-me job, "Grab n' Go server." Sure to be fun (ick!)

But at least work is over for a while. Tonight my friends and I are going out to a restaurant to celebrate the 21st birthday of one of my roommates, Jenn. Everyone is so much older than me! ;) Well, I am not quite the "baby" of the household; Lauren, another roommate, doesn't have her birthday until summertime.

I am sorry to miss Eucharistic Adoration this evening, and really, I have no excuse - besides 7 to midnight, there is also a block of Adoration from 12 to 4. It's really laziness that has kept me away, for shame.

I am trying to broach the subject of vocations with my mother, but I keep forgetting to bring it up when I talk to her on the phone. I'm not exactly sure how to approach it ... I'd like to ask her if she would be all right with me taking some time off during my Christmas holidays and visiting some places. We shall see.

1 comment:

  1. Lol, I hate green peppers. Love/like yellow/red/orange, but I just don't feel the green, you know?

    Glad you could identify the food you were serving! ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete