Monday, June 19, 2006

Happy Father's Day

A day late, but better late than never!

Dad came to Mass with us - I was extremely pleased, as it was the Feast of Corpus Christi and I knew our priest would have an excellent homily on the Eucharist. Now I can honestly say that I have heard a member of the clergy exhort his people to remember the Eucharistic fast, receive the Lord with reverence, dress respectfully, and carry on unnecessary conversations in the narthex and not inside the church. Bravo!

We went to dinner with Dad. This was an adventure in and of itself, as a power outage in Twinsburg had closed all of the restaurants. We finally wound up at Applebee's, where the service was awful but the food was decent.

Then we went putt-putt golfing. Surprise, I finished last of our party of four ;) However, I did get a hole in one on the 18th hole! That I was pleased about. I am sure Mother and I looked sort of funny; the golfing idea was sort of sprung on us and so we were still in our heels and nice dinner/church clothes. Dad had the lowest score of all of us, and thus was victorious, as is only appropriate on his special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment