Sunday, February 18, 2007

Since we've no place to go

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Oh, wait, we have to go to Mass. Whoops. Please hold that order, Mother Nature.

The parking lot at St. Mary's was quite slick this morning - luckily, Mother was driving and so our chances of collision were drastically reduced.

We are starting our parish mission tonight. It's being preached by a lady whose name I can not remember, and a Paulist priest, Fr. Ivan O. Tou of Old St. Mary's Cathedral in San Francisco. He was also the celebrant at this morning's Mass. We're not going to make it to the retreat tonight, but maybe later in the week... I have to admit that when I heard they were from the Bay Area, I got those alarm bells ringing in my ears - quite irrational, although Fr. Tou did seem to leave out things in the liturgy. The Our Father and "the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and forever," all ran together, for instance.

I happened to confess to him yesterday, however, and he was a pretty good confessor. Hmmm....

3 comments:

  1. When you say "Bay Area," you mean San Francisco and thereabouts? Are priests/religious from that area particularly liberal or something?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do mean San Fran... and yes, it's always been my impression that liberalism is particularly prominent there, even in the Catholic Church. I probably shouldn't paint with so broad a brush!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When the brush fits... Wait, mixing my analogies, lol! ;)

    ReplyDelete