Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New job

You know how I was supposed to lose my position at Allstate in the fourth quarter of 2008? And get a $7,000 severance from the company and be cast back onto the waves of my quarter-life crisis with no idea what to do?

Well, yesterday I found out my interview for a position in risk management went well, and they offered it to me. What they do in that department is basically determine whether a prospective customer is a good risk based on their driving record, insurance record etc. etc. The other part of the job is making sure the rates our agents are giving are not too soft. Sometimes the agents like to really low-ball the premium because it makes the product easier to sell. In risk management the idea is to catch that and fix it.

I do not know which end of the business I will be working, and I don't start until September 30. I am a little nervous, but I am sure I will be able to do the work well. It is a huge relief of stress, although I won't be getting that $7,000. But it is worth it to keep my benefits, my regular paycheck and the short commute. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment