Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Emerging Briefly From My Shallow Day

Not much new here in Athens. The school year is almost over, and it really seems to have gone quickly.... Anyway, time for Semi-Deep Reflections. There are three major things I have learned about myself this year. Or so far, anyway, since I guess the year is not all the way over:

First, there is nothing in this world I love more than the Real Presence;

Second, I am going to be a journalism major. Hopefully, this means I will get to go dancing around the established liberal media and tip over their sacred cows. Divine bovines. Holy heifers.

(Speaking of which)

Thirdly, I am one. A cow I mean. Mooooo. Honestly, I really like to eat. I think I have some kind of obsessive compulsive disorder. Snickers, Ritz, Chicken! Yes Lauren, fried chicken, FRIED.

Today I finished Lord of the World by Robert Hugh Benson. Science fictiony, Armageddon type stuff. Normally not my cup of tea at all, but this was really, really good. I have that slightly depressed feeling you get after you finish a good book. Sigh, this too shall pass, mes amies!

No comments:

Post a Comment