Friday, February 25, 2005


THE LATIN MASS





I love the Tridentine Mass, the Order of the Mass which was used for hundreds of years in the Roman Catholic Church before Vatican II. The major differences are that the liturgy is in Latin, the priest faces the same direction as the congregation, and the congregation is much more silent. Although I think the Novus Ordo is superior in some respects, I personally prefer the heightened sense of tradition, Catholicity and mystery of the old ordo. When I'm at home I attend the Latin Mass - strictly in approved Indult situations, of course :)

These priests are from the Priestly Fraternity of St. Peter, or the FSSP. The Tridentine Mass is their apostolate.

See the Latin/English Tridentine Mass parallel text

2 comments:

  1. Pretty cathedral (?) in the picture, but insense gives me a headache... Main reason I can't be Catholic, lol. ;) ;) :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try sitting still when they start burning the cheap stuff. my eyes water just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete