Friday, March 11, 2005

Scary story from a Dutch hosptial

Linda, 53, said: "Before I knew it I had this tiny, beautiful baby girl looking up at me. After a quick cuddle, the nurses took her and I assumed they were going to clean, weigh and measure her and then bring her back.

"But 20 minutes later my husband was starting to get a bit impatient and when we asked where our daughter was we were told to forget about her.

"We couldn't quite believe what we were hearing so Geoff searched for Claire and found her in a room of dirty laundry, lying in a kidney dish.

"He went to get help but the nurse he found said he should leave Claire as she was brain-damaged and was close to death. But he had seen how responsive she had been with me and she was gasping for air and he demanded she was put in an incubator."

Despite the doctors' misgivings, Linda and Geoff were determined that Claire would survive.

Linda, who went on to have two more children Matthew and Julia, said: "For the first four months of her life, she was so small she slept in a fruit basket.

"She suffered a bit with ill health as a child, she was very anaemic, she had problems with her kidneys and for years her knees kept dislocating for no reason.

"But at 18, she went off to university to study business and management and if someone had told me 26 years ago, Claire would have gone on to be a university graduate I would never have believed it.

"I'm just so glad we trusted our instincts, otherwise Claire might not be the person she is now."


Source.


In the Netherlands, there is legal euthanaisa. Of the terminally ill. Not of newborns. Of course, that doesn't stop doctors from killing newborn babies whom they decide are "defective" in some way. Many of the doctors admit to doing this without even informing or asking the parents. They just say, "I'm sorry. Your little one didn't make it." Slippery slope? You bet there's a slippery slope.

No comments:

Post a Comment