Sunday, March 27, 2005

What a nice Easter

I got my parents and my little brother, Andy, to go to Mass with me at Immaculate Conception. It was a lovely, lovely Mass!

On Saturday I met up with Katie for about an hour at the Caribou Coffee Shop. It was super to see her and the yummy hot cocoa was pretty good, too, lol. Then later that day I went with Shannon to the Easter Vigil at the Anglican church. It is a very interesting church - they just broke off from the Episcopal Church on account of the recent consecration of Gene Robinson, an active homosexual; therefore, they hold services in a converted barn. It was really very wonderful, though, and very homey! And anyway it doesn't matter if they have a fancy building, if their goal is to avoid teaching heresy.

The rector was also very kind; Shannon was very flattering when she introduced me, lol. It was fairly close to a Catholic Mass, although some things were turned around. And some parts were missing - but that's probably on account of it being the Easter Vigil. The ordo is different for the Catholic church, too, during the Triduum.

All in all it was a lovely Easter. Now I've got to get back to work ... ew ...

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You like us! :happy dance:

    Dude, you talk about the barn like that, though, people will expect for there to be like sheep in it or something, though, lol.

    http://www.hudsonanglican.com/

    Glad you liked (Father) Doc!

    And I wasn't being flattering, I was telling the truth, lol.

    ReplyDelete