Friday, July 29, 2005

Ahhh, relief

I don't know I have ever been happier to see the weekend come than I was today. The week at work was terrible; I kept making mistakes and having to have people help me out ... Darn computer programs.

Today wasn't so bad, however, as toward the end my co-workers and I started to get a bit slap-happy. It is almost all women in that part of the Accounting department, which makes sense since the work is basically what might have in earlier times been classified as "secretarial." There is, however, one twenty-something kid, and all the girls like to tease him a lot since he's the only guy. He is quite manic and is always shouting and running around like a madman when his deposit sheets aren't balancing. So at least it's not boring! :)

Also, right before we finished up, my boss bought us all soda out of the office vending machine. $1.00 a piece. Of course, I don't drink soda, but I wasn't going to turn down that offer! ;) I brought it home unopened, and it was quickly gulped down by one of the boys.

Of course, the day couldn't end without a traffic snafu. There is one train that runs through our town, and the tracks cross the road exactly once (the other places have bridges), and wouldn't you know that that road is the one I need to take to get home from work? So of course on Friday afternoon, the train stalls on that particular portion of the track. It was there for about 45 minutes, I guess. Not that we stayed long enough to see. We turned around and drove home another way. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think it would have actually been helpful to have a traffic cop there to tell people not to bother waiting ...

Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment