Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Well what do you know

New study: 16% of studies contradicted by studies

I could'a told them that. Every procrastinating, research-paper-writing student knows that in the sundry medical and academic journals out there, studies can be found to justify almost any position or idea. Ohio University's computer database has abstracts from some really unusual ones.

Anyway, I am glad to hear this, simply because I am always annoyed by the news reports about how the latest study proves that breathing through your nose causes cancer.

However, I hope that those studies about the possible benefits of chocolate are not faulty. Not that any revelations about the problems with the methodology would stop me ... From consuming the chocolatey goodness. Really, the only bad things about chocolate are that it spoils your teeth and makes you fat. Also expensive, and if you aren't a wimp, you give it up for Lent. I, of course, only give up vending machine food. Weak. ;)

With regard to the study on studies, read the hilarious Free Republic thread here. The Freepers are funny, funny people.

1 comment:

  1. I would have thought the number would be A LOT higher, personally. As in 47.2% or something.

    Jolly good posting! ;)

    ...What if the chocolate is IN the vending machine?

    ReplyDelete