Sunday, January 01, 2006

And that is that

Well, today was my last full day of vacation - I have to head back to school tomorrow. I have been "on the ball" and have already gotten my Not-So-Secret Santa presents wrapped and everything, as well as A Little Something for the other girls. Oh, wouldn't you like to know what it is? I won't say, but don't get too excited... Keep in mind that it's me we're talking about ;)

Today was the Feast of the Circumcision (in modern times known as the Feast of Mary, Mother of God). The Mass was said by a retired priest, but before-hand, our youngish (late twenties) associate pastor, Fr. Ference, came up to my sister and I and had a little chat with us about the Sisters of Mary, Mother of the Eucharist; he gave us each a little pamphlet about them. They are a Dominican order up in Michigan; they teach, although that's not their only apostolate. Of course I know a great deal about them; they are famous for getting lots of vocations and being very high energy; however, I know I'm almost positive I'm not called to them, since I don't think I'm meant for that kind of exclusively active apostolate. I prefer to have a more fixed, more frequent schedule of prayer, etc.

Mother has been lamenting to Father Ference about how she doesn't want to lose her daughters to convents so far away, where she can't visit so often. Of course, we always remind her that frequent visits are not allowed, anyway, especially when a postulant or novice is being formed.

But that was very nice of him to do. I was surprised that he recognized us; I guess he's seen me with Mother a great deal. In other news on the vocations front, I am planning on visiting the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word in Alabama for a retreat on the weekend of January 27; please pray that it helps in my discernment.

I can't believe the Christmas break is over! Much sobbing, rending of garments!

No comments:

Post a Comment