Saturday, May 20, 2006

Train ride!

Heaven is having to write a 5-7 page paper analyzing the Symbolic Crucifixion image from the Ottonian-era Uta Codex.

Well, not quite Heaven. I love that when I have to write a paper it is actually on a subject like this. At the same time, it is still a 5-7 page paper. Please pray that I manage to get it done on time.

Today my roommate Lyndsey and I went on a train ride. A train with a real, honest-to-goodness steam locomotive. I know this sounds thrilling and let me assure you it was. It was a "scenic railway," and basically this meant that along the route there were large lakes and huge mining tracts with backhoes and steamshovels on them. Why did I subject poor Lyndsey and myself to this $11 (a piece!) adventure? Because I am writing a story for a journalism class, of course. I talked to the conductor, who was a very friendly fellow, and with the receptionist, who was a little taciturn but who ended up giving me some good quotes.

I got some good photographs too. It will be a lovely although dull story, I am sure. Oh well. I think I have a serious case of senioritis/Spring Quarteritis setting in.

No comments:

Post a Comment