Sunday, May 21, 2006

Sooo

I'm sure everyone has had about enough Da Vinci Code coverage. I personally OD'd about a week ago. Today at Mass our weekly bulletin had as an insert an Our Sunday Visitor pamphlet written by none other than... Amy Welborn, of course. It gave the basic schpiel of the Catholic response to all this nonsense. Our priest pointed it out at the beginning of his homily and encouraged us to read it.

I have not been to the movie theatre in about... Three months? I remember how in my high school days, I tried to scrounge up enough money to go every week. I certainly couldn't do that with the prices being what they are now! It's amazing how you really don't miss all the little luxuries which the general culture insists are absolute necessities.

Yes, now I remember. The last movie I saw in the theatre was Memoirs of a Geisha. Quite a while ago! I'm certainly not going to be enticed to return to Cinemark by such trash as this weekend's big opener. They'll have to do better than that to get me to come back ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment