Monday, June 12, 2006

Still more good news

Daily Mass at St. Mary's was somewhat difficult today - I am ashamed to say that between Holy Communion yesterday morning and the setting of the sun, I fell out of the state of grace - so I could not receive Our Lord. On top of that, there are no kneelers in the chapel where daily Mass is celebrated, and so most people stand all the way through the Eucharistic prayer, although myself, Mother, and a few other people knelt on the floor. I hate when that kind of thing happens, as I don't want people to think that I am proclaiming myself to be some kind of holy saint by kneeling. But I can not abide the idea of standing at the consecration. Just bleh.

There was also an unfortunate incident in which the pastor dropped the Host. Of course He was picked right back up again, but such a thing certainly isn't a pleasant experience.

All of this was conquered by the fact that after Mass, I met up with an old friend of mine, the boy I took to my senior prom, who informed me that he is going to the seminary next year! Quite a wonderful surprise! He was very interested in the order that my sister is entering in August, the Sister Servants of the Eternal Word, and was extremely pleased that they wear the habit. He is, I believe, the sixth or seventh seminarian to come out of St. Mary's recently; the associate pastor, Fr. Damian, is great about promoting vocations, being a recently ordained young man himself.

Great news! More workers for the vineyard!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Samide! Seminary and Spanglish for him, right?

    I can't believe he's old enough to graduate! (But, then again, I can't believe BOTH my brother's will be in high school next year!)

    I'm so ooooooooooooooold!

    ReplyDelete