Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Blush!

So, I've been neglecting my blog. Shame on me!

A lot has been happening this month. First and foremost, please pray for the repose of the soul of Jessie Davis, the young pregnant woman who was murdered a couple weeks ago. She worked in my office, but in a different department.

My brother Andy is getting ready to depart for Officer Candidate School. This is a mandatory part of his program with the Marine Corps, which will eventually result in his being commissioned a Second Lieutenant. Please pray for him, too.

Work is going all right. I was "employee of the month" last month, which benefits include a one time hour-long lunch (as opposed to a half hour) with pizza provided by the company, and a $22 bonus. The money was what I enjoyed/need the most!

It seems that pretty soon I will have to remove the Motu Proprio Random Date Generator on the side-rail, as Papa should be coming out with it on July 7. It will be a great relief to those who have been waiting and waiting for years. It is important, of course, that this moment of grace be marred as little as possible by any gloating. I can understand the impulse, but resist!

And of course, there was on June 13 the feast of my family's patron, the great saint of Padua (or Lisbon, if you are of the Portuguese persuasion), Anthony, Franciscan and priest.

Below is a painting done by Giovanni Antonio Gaili in the early 1600s, currently above the saint's chapel in the Basilica of Ss. Cosmas and Damian. The artist has captured a beautiful expression on Anthony's face.



Ora pro nobis
, St. Anthony!

No comments:

Post a Comment