Friday, October 05, 2007

Terrible news!

I found out that one of my favorite professors, Dr. Phillip Bebb, was murdered in Athens recently. He was stabbed more than forty times. Please pray for the repose of his soul and for his son, Jonathan, who has been arrested.

I've mentioned Dr. Bebb a couple times on the blog. His course in the Northern Renaissance was one of the most difficult I have ever taken, but it was also one of the most rewarding. I actually won a prize for one of the papers I wrote for him; he was the one who encouraged me to submit my work. I was the shyest student ever, and he was one of the few professors I ever visited in office hours. The world will be poorer without him in it :(

1 comment:

  1. That's horrible. God rest his soul and may his prayers help the person who murdered him find forgivness.

    ReplyDelete