Thursday, May 19, 2005

St. Therese's Prayer for Priests

O Jesus, I pray for Your faithful and fervent priests;
For Your unfaithful and tepid priests;
For Your priests laboring at home or abroad in distant mission fields.
For Your tempted priests;
For Your lonely and desolate priests;
For Your young priests;
For Your dying priests;
For the souls of Your priests in Purgatory.
But above all, I recommend to You the priests dearest to me;
The priests who absolved me from my sins;
The priests at whose Masses I assisted and who gave me Your Body and Blood in Holy Communion;
The priests who taught and instructed me;
All the priests to whom I am indebted in any other way, especially (here mention the name of the particular priest you are praying for) .
O Jesus, keep them all close to Your heart,
And Bless them abundantly in time and in Eternity.
Amen.

- St. Therese of Lisieux (of the Holy Face and the Child Jesus)

2 comments:

  1. Power grabs are always oh so great. Ha ha ha. I'm doing all the work, why shouldn't I be president?

    Yup, employees are a hot commodity. Especially me. I'm just flat out the best employee ever! ;)

    ReplyDelete