Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yippe yi ki yay

Or however it goes.

I went to that Randolph Stone History Contest awards ceremony this afternoon. I did not get Honorable Mention ;) nor did I get third place. I got second! Which has a prize of $75, which means I did not overspend when I bought things expecting to get the $50 prize! I can't remember what subject the 3rd place paper was on. First prize went to a paper on black lesbian authors ... hmmm ... I guess I didn't push enough of the faculty's PC buttons ;) ... Just kidding.

Anyway ...

It's nothing special, it's one of those printed-out-on-the-nearest-computer award thingies, along with a brief, pleasant letter from the History Chair. I saw Dr. Bebb there, and he was very nice; I took along A Grief Observed to read while people were arriving, and he commented that "you can't get away from C.S. Lewis, he's everywhere!"

Alongside the Randolph Stone awards, there were also inductions into the History Honors Society, Phi Alpha Theta, and some other awards for graduate students and undergraduates. The girl otherwise known as Shively Girl was there, she was inducted into the Honors Society. See, I knew she had to have some redeeming qualities! She's got book smarts! ;)

They had free food at the reception afterward, but I hate small talk and I'm "supposed" to be on a "diet," ha ha ha, so I skipped on home. Hooo, I'm tired.

2 comments: