Thursday, June 09, 2005

I am an adult at last!

Wow! I'm just about all grown up, I'm going to have an apartment next year! Finally! I am one of the Overlord Adults! Oh wait, perhaps that won't quite work, since I am utterly, completely, and hopelessly naive about the world, like a three-year-old. Hmmm ...

I said I would blog on what the new apartment is like for next year, so here we go! It is a very nice apartment complex for students, off-campus, but not too far. There is a bus service that runs during the week. I am going to be on my own in terms of getting to Sunday Mass; but oh well! It is about a mile away from St. Paul's, so it won't kill me (although I hope on hot days it doesn't make me all sweaty). I wonder what it will be like in winter ... Slippery? ... hmmm ...

The good news is that the bus comes before 8 on weekdays, so I shouldn't have any trouble getting to daily Mass. I am not going to go the first Monday of school, however, because I'm not sure how long Father takes with it, and I have a class at 9:10.

We went in to see the model apartment, again, this week; the rooms are very nice - much bigger than my cave in Lincoln Hall, where I live in now. There is also a kitchen area with a refrigerator and clothes washer and dryer, as well as a dishwasher and a few pots and pans and a toaster and that kind of thing. The little "family room" area is also very well furnished, but I think we might be putting some of the furniture in storage. Overall, it is a very nice place; you can see the website here.

It is also on the first floor. This means A. We can play Dance Dance Revolution to our hearts' content, without worrying about annoying people below (or should I say, my roomies can, since I've mercifully never subjected them to my intense and embarrassing clumsiness, LOL) and B. For the first time ever in my life, I will not have to climb a flight of steps to get to my bedroom. Hurray!

1 comment:

  1. Woo hoo!! Welcome to Adultdum. Ain't it great?

    The website makes the apartment complex looks very cozy. I'm sure you'll do well living on your own. That is if you can handle it all! No drugs, no booze and no boys! ;)

    Betsy's right, the two of you must come down to Florida and save me from the horror that is Arlene. Doesn't the name strike fear in your heart? I know I'm shaking in my booties!

    ReplyDelete