Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Workaholic time!

In keeping with cherished traditions of the past, I will now commence my Procrastination Comes Back to Bite Me All Over period. I have quite a bit of work to do, and not much time to do it in; I have slowly realized that I honestly don't know what I'm doing in most of my classes. This will not prevent me from completing the final projects in a soldierly manner and, hopefully, getting As on them!

That has been the real shocker about college- I always imagined it as a very intellectually difficult experience, a real challenge. And don't get me wrong, it has been intellectually stimulating, and I've learned a lot, both academically and about myself. But if someone like me can get As without a whole lot of effort, it obviously isn't that good of a school (gulp). Maybe it has to do with the fact that more and more people are going to college, and the standards have been lowered. I'm sure there are people here at OU who in the past would not have been considered "college material," however, given the fact that you more or less have to have experience in higher education to have a decent career, they decided to give it a shot anyway.

There's also rampant grade inflation around here. I'm pretty sure that in days of yore I would have been a "C" student. That's my impression, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment